---------- This website and all DIREnet activities are based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. DEB-0443526 --------
|INDEX | A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
Below are publications contributed by authors whose last name begin with the letter W. In order to download a desired document, simply click on the citation of the document below.
- Walker, R. F., D. R. Geisinger, D. W. Johnson, and J. T. Ball. 1997. Elevated atmospheric CO2 and soil N fertility effects on growth, mycorrhizal colonization, and xylem water potential of juvenile ponderosa pine in a field soil. Plant and Soil 195:25–36.
- Wallin, K. F., T. E. Kolb, K. R. Skov, and M. R. Wagner. 2004. Seven-year results of thinning and burning restoration treatments on old ponderosa pines at the Gus Pearson Natural Area. Restoration Ecology 12(2):239–247.
- Wallin, K. F., and K. F. Raffa. 2004. Feedback between individual host selection behavior and population dynamics in an eruptive herbivore. Ecological Monographs 74(1):101–116.
- Wang, J., P. M. Rich, K. P. Price, and W. D. Kettle. 2004. Relations between NDVI and tree productivity in the central Great Plains. International Journal of Remote Sensing 25(16):3127–3138.
- Ward, L. K. 1982. The conservation of juniper: longevity and old age. Journal of Applied Ecology 19:917–928.
- Wardle, J. A., and R. B. Allen. 1983. Dieback in New Zealand Nothofagus forests. pacific Science 37(4):397–404.
- Wayman, R. B., and M. North. 2007. Initial response of a mixed-conifer understory plant community to burning and thinning restoration treatments. Forest Ecology and Management 239:32–44.
- Webb, R. H., and S. A. Leake. 2006. Ground-water surface-water interactions and long-term change in riverine riparian vegetation in the southwestern United States. Journal of Hydrology 320:302–323.
- Weiss, J. L., D. S. Gutzler, J. E. Allred Coonrod, and C. N. Dahm. 2004. Seasonal and inter-annual relationships between vegetation and climate in central New Mexico, USA. Journal of Arid Environments. 57:507–534.
- Welch, B. L., and C. Criddle. 2003. Countering misinformation concerning big sagebrush. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. Research Paper RMRS-RP-40:28 p.
- Wesche, K., and K. Ronnenberg. 2004. Phytosociological affinities and habitat preferences of Juniperus sabina L. and Artemisia santolinifolia Turcz. ex. Bess. in mountain sites of the south-eastern Gobi Altay, Mongolia. Feddes Repertorium 115:585–600.
- West, A. G., K. R. Hultine, K. G. Burtch, and J. R. Ehleringer. 2007. Seasonal variations in moisture use in a piñon–juniper woodland. Oecologia 153:787–798.
- Westfall, R. D., and C. I. Millar. 2004. Genetic consequences of forest population dynamics influenced by historic climatic variability in the western USA. Forest Ecology and Management 197:159–170.
- Weng, C., and S. T. Jackson. 1999. Late Glacial and Holocene vegetation history and paleoclimate of the Kaibab Plateau, Arizona. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 153:179–201.
- Wezel, A., and A. M. Lykke. 2006. Woody vegetation change in Sahelian West Africa: evidence from local knowledge. Environment, Development, and Sustainability 8:553–567.
- Whicker, J. J., J. E. Pinder, III, and D. D. Breshears. 2008. Thinning semiarid forests amplifies wind erosion comparably to wildfire: implications for restoration and soil stability. Journal of Arid Environments 72:494–508.
- Wickman, B. E. 1992. Forest health in the Blue Mountains: the influence of insects and diseases. United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. General Technical Report PNW-GTR-310:11 p.
- Wieder, W. R., and N. W. Bower. 2004. Fire history of the Aiken Canyon grassland-woodland ecotone in the southern foothills of the Colorado Front Range. The Southwestern Naturalist 49(2):239–243.
- Wiggins, N. L., C. McArthur, and N. W. Davies. 2006. Diet switching in a generalist mammalian folivore: fundamental to maximizing intake. Oecologia 147:650–657.
- Wigland, P. E. 2007. Postglacial pollen records of Southwestern North America. In Elias, S. A. (ed.). Encyclopedia of Quaternary Science, volumes 1–4. Elsevier, London: 2773–2783.
- Wilcox, B. P. 1994. Runoff and erosion in intercanopy zones of pinyon-juniper woodlands. Journal of Range Management 47:285–295.
- Wilcox, B. P., D. D. Breshears, and C. D. Allen. 2003. Ecohydrology of a resource-conserving semiarid woodland: effects of scale and disturbance. Ecological Monographs 73(2):223–239.
- Wilcox, B. P., D. D. Breshears, and H. J. Turin. 2003. Hydraulic conductivity in a piñon-juniper Woodland: influence of vegetation. Soil Science Society of America Journal 67:1243–1249.
- Williams, A. P., C. D. Allen, C. I. Millar, T. W. Swetnam, J. Michaelsen, C. J. Stilla, and S. W. Leavitt. 2010. Forest responses to increasing aridity and warmth in the southwestern United States. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 107: 21289–21294.
- Williams, D. G., and J. R. Ehleringer. 2000. Intra- and interspecific variation for summer precipitation use in pinyon-juniper woodlands. Ecological Monographs 70(4):517–537.
- Williams M., E. B. Rastetter, D. N. Fernandes, M. L. Goulden, G. R. Shaver, and L. C. Johnson. 1997. Predicting gross primary productivity in terrestrial ecosystems. Ecological Applications 7(3):882–894.
- Williamson, G. B., W. F. Laurance, A. A. Oliveira, P. Delamônica, C. Gascon, T. E. Lovejoy, and L. Pohl. 2000. Amazonian tree mortality during the 1997 El Niño drought. Conservation Biology 14(5):1538–1542.
- Wolfson, B. A. S., T. E. Kolb, C. H. Sieg, and K. M. Clancy. 2005. Effects of post-fire conditions on germination and seedling success of diffuse knapweed in northern Arizona. Forest Ecology and Management 216:342–358.
- Wong, C. M., and K. P. Lertzman. 2001. Errors in estimating tree age: implications for studies of stand dynamics. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 31:1262–1271.
- Woodall, C. W., C. E. Fiedler, and K. S. Milner. 2003. Intertree competition in uneven-aged ponderosa pine stands. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 33:1719–1726.
- Woodall, C. W., C. E. Fiedler, and K. S. Milner. 2003. Stand density index in uneven-aged ponderosa pine stands. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 33:96–100.
- Woods, J. H., G. M. Blake, and F. W. Allenodorf. 1983. Amount and distribution of isozyme variation in ponderosa pine from eastern Montana. Silvae Genetica 32:151–156.
- Worrall, J. J., L. Egeland, T. Eager, R. A. Mask, E. W. Johnson, P. A. Kemp, and W. D. Shepperd. 2008. Rapid mortality of Populus tremuloides in southwestern Colorado, USA. Forest Ecology and Management 255:686–696.
- Wu, X. B., and S. R. Archer. 2005. Scale-dependent influence of topography-based hydrologic features on patterns of woody plant encroachment in savanna landscapes. Landscape Ecology, 20:733–742.
- Wurster, C. M., D. A. McFarlane, and M. I. Bird. 2007. Spatial and temporal expression of vegetation and atmospheric variability from stable carbon and nitrogen isotope analysis of bat guano in the southern United States. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 2007:3302–3310.
INDEX | A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
© 2008 Merriam-Powell Center for Environmental